Welcome to the accreditation page of the 2019 Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Media access is possible only with accreditation: either per-event basis (for one event), or for all events of the Presidency (once for all events).
- You may submit your application as early as 60 days before the event but not later than 10 days before the event you wish to cover.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will shortly receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Within 7 days after applying, you will receive an email to inform you whether your application has been approved or rejected.
If your application is approved, 5 days before the event you will receive a kind reminder to confirm your participation.
- Please note that if you wish to cover several events, you will have to re-submit your data (file a new application).
All events accreditation (once for all):
- You will only need to enter your data once for all upcoming events. However, validation will be sent on a per event basis.
The vetting procedure will start 60 days before each event takes place.
- Please note that if you choose the once for all option and the first event you wish to cover is less than 10 days away, you will need to opt for per-event accreditation for that specific event.
Late accreditation: possible only in exceptional cases, at the venue of the event. As the number of journalists allowed with late accreditations is limited, we strongly advise you to apply for accreditation within the deadline.
We welcome journalists already accredited at the General Secretariat of the Council – please mark the appropriate checkbox in the accreditation application.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the registration form are mandatory.
Before applying, please prepare:
- A scan of a valid ID; its expiry date must exceed the event you apply for by at least 14 days (*.jpg/*.jpeg, 3 MB maximum)
- A scan of a recent photo (*.jpg/*.jpeg, 3 MB maximum)
- A scanned letter of confirmation from your media organization (*.jpg/*.jpeg, 3 MB maximum)
Collecting the badges
To collect your accreditation badge, you will need to present the following documents:
For media-available events taking place at the Palace of the Parliament and the Palace of the National Bank of Romania (BNR):
- accreditation approval
- identity card or passport
For media-available events that do NOT take place at the Palace of the Parliament or the Palace of the National Bank of Romania (BNR):
- Accreditation badges can be collected starting one day prior to the event at the Accreditation Center of the Romanian Presidency to the Council of the European Union, at the Palace of the Parliament, Izvor street 2-4, Bucharest, the S2 press entrance, (ground level).
- accreditation badges can be collected at the venue, at the accreditation desk, starting one day prior for the Summit and on the day of the event for the rest of the meetings.